HW-7 ?s...

Dave Dave at BOATANCHORS.COM
Wed Nov 1 09:52:25 EST 2000

>How many people can actually receive a signal on
> their HW-7 if the sending transmitter isn't located on the same workbench?

I worked 15 states from the Pacific Northwest as a kid with my newly
built HW-7 into a vertical.  No mods, worked great.

Gotta remember - it's BROAD AS A BARN, and you get CW note on
BOTH sides of zero beat, it's microphonic as hell, and the noise floor is
outrageous.  But on a good antenna with a good operator, it works as
well as any similar rig.

I still have my HW-7, 25 years later, still hooked to a vertical, and she
still puffs along on all 3 bands with the same success as when I was a
teenager.

My .02

Dave WB7AWK

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov