HW-7 ?s...

Ray and Kendra rayford at SILVERLINK.NET
Thu Nov 2 00:29:36 EST 2000

I bought an HW-7 used ten years ago.  At first I thought something was
wrong with it, comparing it to a superhet dual conversion receiver it was
like riding a goat compared to driving a Cadillac.
Then with a dipole for an antenna I worked 3D2KG on 20 CW and said
wow...Mine is stock and I understand there are things that you can do to
improve it but it takes some finesse and care to tune.  I thought the
receiver was dead in mine until I monkeyed around with it some and got used
to it's character...
I laughed when I read your post on how well your HW-7 worked though Dave,
the hunger in a teen with a new ham ticket could make a box of oatmeal
transmit and receive!  But it shows that those QRP rigs can really work.

Ray KV4K/7
Port Orchard, WA

***Still in search of a cabinet for my SB-220 any cosmetic condition.

***Also need email address for W5FM (W5FM at arrl.net isn't working for me)

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov