WTB audio osc revised

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Sun Nov 5 18:20:01 EST 2000

At 03:43 AM 11/05/2000, you wrote:
>Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I need a continuously tunable audio
>oscillator that can be set to PL tone frequencies, but ALSO cover the
>spectrum up to 25-50 KC. I just sold a Heathkit AG-8 for $7.50 before I
>discovered my AG-9 wouldn't do the PL frequencies. . Will somebody kick
>me in the pants? Something like the AG-8 would do fine. Thanks.
>
>Ed Richards

It's non-green blasphemy, but here's an option of you can't find a AG-8...

The HP 200CD or 200CDR (rack mount version) will do what you want with
ease. I've seen them for $20-50 at hamfests.  Surplus dealers like C&H in
Pasadena Calif. get a little more.  Plan on replacing the power cord,
however, the plastic formulation that HP used crumbles when it gets old.
I used a saber saw and a file on mine and installed an IEC socket/RF
filter from a junk PC power supply.  Looks like it was made that way.
While I had the case off I also added a BNC jack on the front for
my counter (Heath, of course).  I wired it to the point before the
attenuator and added a voltage divider made of metal film resistors
so that the BNC jack has a 1v p-p signal.

No, I didn't butcher a rare unit - the HP 200CD is a very very common on
the surplus markets.

Mike