Dial Cord & SB-101

Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Thu Nov 9 11:29:09 EST 2000

Hello Heath Team!

My repair/restoration of the SB-101 from Hell is continuing on and my next
task is to locate some old fashioned Dial Cord String.

My latest Sb-101 problem was a transmit problem. Intermittently, the finals
would HEAT UP and I actually blew one of the 6146's. Turns out the LOAD
variable cap was intermittently shorting to ground. The reason; The drive
belt puts too much tension on the long shaft (you know the old leverage
rules) and over time, the shaft bent ever so slightly and the plates
shorted!! Further, I have a later copy of the HW-101 manual and in it,
there is an addendum that has you remove that belt and go back to the dial
cord string solution. I can see why from first hand experience.....

Anyway, where can I get some dial cord, OR is there some alternative
solution like strong thread, string, whatever?????

Thanks Team!

Mark V. Johnson
VE3DJU

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov