[Fwd: Low volume]

CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE cboone at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Nov 20 22:35:58 EST 2000

Please contact the poster BELOW with any replies...NOT ME!!! Tnx!

Chris
WB5ITT

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Low volume
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:33:45 -0500
From: "Don Moth" <w2mpk at dreamscape.com>
To: <vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu>

To all you Heathkit collectors out there maybe you can help my 78 year old
brother with a problem. He has a Model SB-101 and the transverter to get on
six meters with, The rig transmitts fine but it has VERY-VERY low audio
output on receive, He has replaced some of the tubes and cleaned the relay
contacts a a fellow ham told  him but still LOW volume with AF and RF gains
wide open. Any help for him or it ?????
Please reply to me as Floyd,  W2NFK,  does not have a computer. Reply to me
at
w2mpk at dreamscape.com
THANKS in advance for any ideas.
Don  W2MPK