[Fwd: Low volume]

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Tue Nov 21 18:12:13 EST 2000

HW-101 low receive audio output -

Look at the schematic for a 22k 1/2 W resistor in the plate circuit of
the audio output tube. If you don't have a schematic, just look near th
etube and output transformer. Measure the resistance - yo will probably
find it is well in excess of 100k. Replace it with 22k 1W resistor.

It would also be a good idea as a preventive measure to replace the 20
uF 350 V electrolytic in the audio stage (22 uF/450 is probably closest
you'll find)...failure of both parts and the symptom you complain of
seem to be related.

Murray

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov