Heathkit SB-104A schematic TIF file - de AL7FS

Jim Larsen AL7FS al7fs at POBOX.ALASKA.NET
Wed Nov 22 12:58:19 EST 2000

Greetings from Alaska,

I recently bought a non-working Heathkit SB-104A.  I am not sure why.  I
have been doing searches for information and one issue that has taken me
a bit of time is the online schematic.

For those of you that have had trouble downloading the SB104A schematic
TIF file from http://www.inetport.com/~talen/sb104.html , this
information may help to move you one more step further.

I could not get the TIF file to download with my particular Netscape
4.6.  It kept coming up broken.  Here is what I did.

I moved over to Internet Explorer for the download of
http://www.connection42.freeserve.co.uk/heath/sb-1040000.tif
It gave me the option to open it or save it.  I chose to save it to my
Hard drive.
That worked fine.

Then when I tried to open it, the choices of programs I had on my
particular PC couldn't handle the TIF file.  I thought it should but it
did not.

I went to http://download.cnet.com/  also called
http://www.downloads.com/
I followed the links to Windows 95/98 programs and eventually found
http://download.cnet.com/downloads/1,10150,0-10001-103-0-1-7,00.html?tag=st%2Edl%2E10001%2Esbsr&qt=tif&cn=&ca=10001
This is under Image Editing header.

I downloaded IrfanView 3.30 which is a new freeware program just added
to the list this month.

Using IrfanView, I was able to see the TIF file just fine.

Now for homework.  I haven't figured out how to print it out to multiple
pages yet so it is still very tiny on one page and I can't read it.  I
can read it fine on the Monitor screen which makes the information
usable at least to some level.  Maybe someone can help me on the next
step of printing the schematic out in larger form.  It may be something
really simple and I am just overlooking it...like a setup command or
something.

Thanks,

73, Jim
--