stuck knobs... the plot continues

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Fri Nov 24 09:59:00 EST 2000

Well just wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions...

Here's the poop!

The set screws are screws, not allen sets.. Someone tried to remove the
knobs at one time, and in the process twisted and or broke off the slots in
the screw heads.

about the only way I can see getting the knobs off would be to drill out the
setscrews and start yanking.

But

That would be very labor intensive and this radio just does not justify the
time. The front panel is really band and would require repainting and new
screening. The knobs are not worth keeping, that's why I want to take them
off.  It's going to end up as a parts rig.

Again, many thanks for those that responed. Many of the tips will be used in
my "The Heathkit Handbook" I am working on.
--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems