FS AM Station

k4kgw k4kgw at MEDIAONE.NET
Wed Nov 29 12:53:02 EST 2000

FOR SALE: Complete AM Station.  Just add antenna.  As follows:

1.  Heath Apache (TX-1) Transmitter.  Retubed, aligned and calibrated
this year.  No mods.  Full power input (AM 150 watts; CW 180 watts).
Cabinet stripped and repainted Heath dark green.  Clean front panel and
dial.  Modulator works fine on the workbench out of the cabinet.  No
audio gets thru to modulator tubes when replaced in cabinet.  Obviously,
something in the audio chain is either shorting or breaking contact when
the chassis is flexed during installation in cabinet.  I can't wrestle
this 10o-pound monster from the shack to the bench one more time,
so--$150.00 and you fix it!

2.  National NC-173 Receiver.  A working unit.  Calibrated and aligned;
all good tubes, etc.  $125.00.

3.  Companion speaker to NC-173 (or NC-183).  12" speaker in metal
cabinet with National logo in the center.  $50.00 (that's what I paid
for it).

4.  RME DB-23 Preselector.  80-40-20-15-10 meters, with useful gain
extending to adjacent SW BC bands.  $50.00.

5.  Millen 92200 Antenna Coupler (this IS a collector's item).
80-40-20-15-10 meters, with SWR meter and jack for external scope or
other modulation monitor.  Built like a battleship with brand new heavy,
heavy, heavy duty bandswitch that cost $92.00.  Handles 2 KW of
high-level plate modulated RF.  Will take 3 KW PEP SSB easily.  $150.00.

6.  Mechanical T/R relay with 110-vac coil in small box with SO-239
fittings for antenna, RX and TX connections.  FREE.

Manuals included for everything.  If entire station sold to one buyer,
all interconnect cables also included.  Prices do not include boxes,
packing material, or UPS shipping charges.  The TX and RX shipping
weights are 110 and 60 pounds, respectively, and must be shipped
double-boxed.  Both the packing stuff and the shipping on those two
items will be pretty stiff.  To a single purchaser, shipping will be in
five separate boxes.

Pickup in the Atlanta area would be preferable, but I will ship if the
buyer's pocketbook will stand the strain.

ALTERNATIVE:  I am planning to drive from Atlanta to Lafayette, LA this
coming Sunday, Dec. 3.  I am williing to deliver (entire station only in
this case) in you live along the following routes:

I-85 from Atlanta to Montgomery, AL;  I-65 from Montgomery to Mobile;
I-10 from Mobile to Slidell, LA; I-12 from Slidell to Baton Rouge; I-10
from Baton Rouge to Lafayette.

OR:  Starting from Slidell, LA, I-10 to New Orleans; then U.S. 90 from
New Orleans to Lafayette, which would inlude Thibadaux, Houma, Morgan
City, New Iberia and other towns along U.S. 90.

PRICING:  Individual prices total $525.00.Price to a single buyer for
the whole shebang:  $400.00, plus boxes, packing and shipping, if
shipping is involved.
Should it occur that no one buys the whole station, the individual
prices mentioned above would apply.  FIRST PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO
THOSE WISHING TO BUY THE ENTIRE STATION.

Shipping by UPS.  Sales to Continental U.S. only.  Payment by money
order or cashier's check, or by cash in the event of personal delivery
along the route outlined above.

Thanks for the read,

Keith

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov