John Farrington's insight

lurch lurch at THERAMP.NET
Wed Oct 4 08:48:12 EDT 2000

Makes perfect sense.  I own a harley-Davidson motorcycle, and I see the same
thing...if I need a set of breaker points I can pay $3 at the auto-parts
store for '63 Buick points or $12 at the bike shop...and I won't waste the
bandwidth listing 23 other parts off the top of my head that cross-reference
to some car [and cost a third as much purchased as such rather than as bike
parts].

Ever look inside a PC?  Many PC manufacturers have taken to welding the
power-supply cage shut so the terminally stupid can't get their fingers
across 110VAC...part of my job as an engineer is to spec power supplies for
my client's products...after I cut them open so we can test 'em...I shudder
to think what sort fo field day some shyster would have if their client got
zapped building a tube-based kit...

73 de ka9egw

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov