Right On John!!

Ed Gardner egardner at TWCNY.RR.COM
Wed Oct 4 21:57:39 EDT 2000

Malcolm Leonard wrote:
> The government has no business preaching morality,nor should we look to > politicians for moral leadership.

Well, maybe that's what's wrong here. Read this from a bygone era:

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human
passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge,
or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as
a whale goes through a net.  Our Constitution was made only for a moral
and religious people.  It is wholly inadequate to the government of any
other."

                        - John Adams, Oct.11, 1798
                          Address to the military

Oh yeah, that moral leadership is an evil thing.

Ed

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov