Soldering - is it carcinogenic?

Bowman, Brian bowman at AMGEN.COM
Tue Oct 17 13:09:13 EDT 2000

Darwin's natural selection is only effective if the effect happens before
the subject procreates.

Most HAMs I know are old farts (like me)... they done had their kids
already.

Brian R. Bowman
GLP Compliance,  Amgen Inc., M/S 5-1-A
One Amgen Center Drive
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

bowman at amgen.com <mailto:bowman at amgen.com>

Subject:  Re: Soldering - is it carcinogenic?

        Lee,

        Are you suggesting that individuals may be more or less GENETICALLY
        predisposed to develop tumors from flux smoke, etc?
        Perhaps the QCWA should fund a study to see if the soldering
iron-wielding
        offspring of dual-ham parents live longer than techs whose parents
were
        engaged in less "hazardous" occupations?

        Just musing, no serious intent here. Invoking Darwin always fuels my
        imagination.

        Jim
        N9WW