Regarding those credit card solicitations

Roy Welch rdwelch at SWBELL.NET
Wed Oct 18 09:55:59 EDT 2000

The only thing I have been able to do is to display all the headers in the
message, find the earliest (source) IP address.  Then use a program named
Sam Spade to find out which ISP owns that series of addresses.  Next
forward them the message showing all the headers by addressing the
forwarded message abuse@<the isp address>.

David Griffin wrote:

> I haven't seen one yet that, at the bottom, doesnt tell
> you how to stop them.  Either reply with the word remove
> in subject line, or go to a www address and fill in your email
> address, or whatever.  Most of us are too annoyed to read through to
> the bottom of the message and don't notice how to stop
> them.
> Dave
> N2CHI

73, Roy