HW-9 ?s

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Thu Oct 19 11:29:19 EDT 2000

john...

what you did was not the best thing in the world, lucky the hw9 went kaput
instead of the drake.

you can check the audio coming into the audio driver by tapping into the
audio line just before the amp.

use a set of high (2000) ohm headphones and couple the phones to the rig
with a .1 cap. you should hear plenty of audio coming in though the phones.

if you do, then the lm338 is cooked.

if you don't, then move the phones down stream a bit and try the audio
predriver.

you can use a high gain amplifier inplace of the phones. I have one here
from ten tec called the utility amplifier. works great as a signal tracer!

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov