SB-610 graticule, how to make?

Jim Roik jnroik at ESCAPE.CA
Sat Sep 2 13:36:27 EDT 2000

I have had some success in using the coloured films that overhead
transparancies are made from. They give different options for line colours
on the transparency film colour. The colour density of the film is quite
good but when the heat process is used to print, the white lines on the
green there can be some distortion of the film. A dry, white printing method
may work a bit better. Because the transparency film is thin, it is
necessary to sandwich it between two sheets of half weight clear plastic.
This also serves to protect the printing on the film.

This is certainly not as good as the original, but serves where nothing else
is available.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Gerald C. Lemay
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 5:49 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: SB-610 graticule, how to make?

What I  found is that transparencies don't have as much color density as

prints on regular paper. It makes  sense that this would be the case.
You
don't want opaque print on something that's supposed  to let some light
come
through. The best prints on transparencies are black in color. That
would
be great for duplicating dials and markings but obviously, that's not
what's
needed  here right now. So the question is how do you print thick enough

white lines on transparencies? Anyone else on the list have any
experience
doing this type of thing? I'm using an HP  Color LaserJet 4500DN with HP

transparencies C-2934A.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov