SB-200 Panel

charles w. morehouse cwmorehouse at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Thu Sep 7 22:55:54 EDT 2000

Hi Joe,
Do a lot of restorations mostly Heathkits. First clean the panel very
well. I use soft scrub and some times a light sanding with 600 wet or
dry. Touch up any dings. Coat with clear lacquer or better spray with
two part automotive clear coat. This works well with smooth panels such
as Apache or Mohawk. The SB-200 panel I think is green wrinkle. Clean
very carefully with windex and a soft brush. You can also use liquid
dish soap. Be careful of the markings as they come off easily. Spray a
couple of light coats of clear lacquer. This all works foe me. If panel
is too bad, repaint and send to Lynn Brock for silk screening. Luck and
73.
Wayne;
W4GBW
PS. Have a bunch of paint notes that I will send if you wish.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov