SB-101 Factory Mod to Upgrade Receiver

Mark Johnson/Ontario/IBM mjohnson at CA.IBM.COM
Thu Sep 14 07:25:37 EDT 2000

Hello Heath Team;

I just bought an SB-101 that I'm bringing back to life. It has a 6HS6 RF
amp tube which in theory means it has the upgraded receiver mod. According
to the C. Penson book, that mode consists of changing the tube from a 6AU6
to the 6HS6, and a disc cap is removed from the component side  of the
board (can't recall the board name) between V10, and V11. Then a different
capacitor and resisitor are "tacked" into place.

My rig has a 6HS6, but no sign of a removed disc cap or a cap and resistor
"tacked" back into place.

My question: Can anyone give me the mod details so I can complete what I
think is an incomplete mod upgrade. I suspect one of the rigs owners, at
some point, just put the 6HS6 in and did not complete the mod.

Oh, also need a new main tuning knob for the rig...The one on here looks
like it survived WWI trench warfare. Anyone assist me with that??

Thanks Team!

Mark V. Johnson
VE3DJU

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov