Resurrection of Heathkit Type Kits

john johnmb at MINDSPRING.COM
Fri Sep 29 06:41:22 EDT 2000

At 01:11 AM 9/29/00 -0400, Harvey A. Kader wrote:
>So Heathkit and others really could not compete with Asia, even though
>all the Heathkit workers were doing was packaging the parts for the
>kits.
>
>Harvey.

Hi Harvey,

This is true, however I think the point is, there IS nobody in Asia
(and few outfits anywhere else) that is competition for this!
Nobody is producing mainstream ham kits anymore. There's some
fun QRP rigs (I've built several, including some one SMT board)
but no middle of the road transceivers, for example, that I'm aware of.

/John

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov