HW-101 Belts

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Fri Sep 29 02:18:53 EDT 2000

Try PEP-BOYS for 1/8" by 2" O-rings for the preselector and driver, and
1/8" by 2 1/4" O-ring  for the loading capacitor. I use them frequently.
NOTE: some capacitors turn too hard and the belts will stretch or slip
when hot. Heathkit put out a bulletin on this, saying to replace them,
which is impossible now. I spread the frames with a pair of pliers used
in reverse i.e. inside the frame, and pull the handles apart. I sometimes
have to do this several times before the bearings are unloaded enough to
turn freely without end play. A drop of oil on the ball bearings helps
too. Good luck.

Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov