Kits and Kit Companies

Edward Wright/Beaverton/IBM edwardwright at HOME.COM
Fri Sep 29 13:26:34 EDT 2000

In the Sept QST there is a review of the MFJ-9340K Cub Transceiver.
Looks like a really fun kit, has lots of surface mount components,  BUT
all the SM stuff is pre-mounted, leving through the hole parts for my old
fat fingers.
Looks like a way to address one of the technology issues in modern kit
building.
I have an all heath station, and a fair amount of heath test gear, I'm
still a kit builder, although with fewer hours to play with.
I wish the adventure well, but cannot suggest to strongly that an in depth
matketing survey and need analysis be done. Far to many business disasters
have ocurred because several folks had a great idea.... that not enough
others were will to pay for (been there, done that).
All the best
73 de KA9AHQ/7

   5A2353      FRU     Ed Wright
               "Your Basic Trainer"
   The Webserver Knowledge Channel
503-578-3067   IBM Tie Line 775-3067

        Vidi Vici Veni
   PGP Key on request
Thank the diety of your choice that we do not get all the government we
pay for !

I'm Just a plumber
In the sewer of information.

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov