CT-1 oscillator

Jerry Rego jerryrego at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Sep 2 19:58:49 EDT 2000

I Have a CT-1 That I am trouble shooting and it does not not operate when it requires the oscillator (Hartley) Heath states that this oscillator is tightly coupled and if loaded, every so slightly - like a grid dip meter, the oscillations will stop.   How is one to check the oscillator ?  If you use a loosey coupled counter it will not drive the counter, say if you use a scope, that will measure fown in the mV Range but will cease operation.  I can not determine if I have loaded the oscillator or the oscillator is inoperative.  Thanks in advance   KE7YG  Jerry Rego