RCA phono RF Connector

Sandy ebjr at I-55.COM
Sun Apr 8 12:34:21 EDT 2001

----------
> From: Multi-Volti Devices <multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM>
> To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
> Subject: RCA phono RF Connector
> Date: Saturday, April 07, 2001 11:56 PM
>
> Hello again;
>
> I forgot to mention...a QUALITY RCA phono connector meets the discussed
> performance...the quality of available parts has probably deteriorated
> quite a bit over the decades.

        Yes, they have!  The Japanese ones were good, some of the Korean
and Taiwanese ones were fair to good.  The "Red" Chinese ones 'look' OK
but the quality is awful!  The "parts" Radio Shack sells has gone rapidly
downhill.  A lot of it in "hidden" defects/design.  The plugs/jacks and
old 1/4" type phone jacks are a disaster.  I used some to build a couple
of items and they were BAD one way or another.  Save the old
Mallory/Switchcraft etc. Stuff!
73,
Sandy W5TVW

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov