5 KC AM filter project

w1id w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Thu Apr 19 08:27:44 EDT 2001

On Wednesday, April 18, 2001 at 07:37:34 PM, Joe wrote:

> I am in the process if reproducing a Heath prototype 5 KC AM filter for SWL
> The custom cut rocks will be here next week
> Need sub or supplier for small value phenolic cap of 0.56 pf
> (Heath part number 28-3)
> I had been thinking of trimming down a 1pf with a dremel and wiz wheel.

Ah yes, the old Dremel tool trick. Believe it or not, that's what we used to do in the olden days of Measurements signal generators. Some of them wouldn't go high enough in frequency (400MHz range) so we got the old grinding tool out and it worked better than you would expect. The amount of capacitance you are looking for is so small that it may or may not be needed depending on the type of layout you have. I bet there's that much capacitance between traces on a typical PC board.

w1id
e-mail: w1id at fcgnetworks.net

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov