New BELDEN Coax- A technical treat

Lee KH6BZF LEEWICAL at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 24 02:04:00 EDT 2001

For All:
       BELDEN is out with two (2) new coaxial cables

       BELDEN 7810A (RG-8 type) competes with the TIMES LMR cable.
       BELDEN 7808A (RG-58 type) Ditto.
       For specs Check;
                                      http://www.belden.com

       I have both samples.

       I notice "The Wireman" has it in stock. I'm sure TEXAS Towers and
others will take notice and stock it too. Price would vary depending where
you are located.

       The #7810A has and interesting shield and the center conductor looks
like steel with a copper outer jacket. It is very stiff in construction. A
PL-259 slips onto the coax with a snug fit. It fits so nice, it's contact to
the PL-259 connector it almost doesn't need soldering.
       The #7808A (RG-58 type) is not as stiff as the #7810A, but the samples
I have obtained from BELDEN the PL-259 and the screw-in reducer makes for an
excellent connection to the connectors.
       I'm waiting for my local radio/electronics store to receive their
first two 500-ft spools of each.
       Lee
The Best of ALOHAs

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov