6146W

Steve & Anne Ray sbralr at EARTHLINK.NET
Sat Dec 1 09:44:15 EST 2001

I have not used 6146W in my HW-101, but had excellent life with the 6146B,
the whole secret as Rich K7SZ said is to neutralize them, and to do this
correctly the plate and screen voltage must be removed.  See the Heath
Service Bulletin.  A number of years ago, I first checked the neutralization
by the HW-101 manual of max output, min plate current and then repeated it
by disconnecting the screen and plate voltage.  The difference was
significant and when done correctly with the plate and screen voltage
removed, tune up on 10 Meters was not as touchy.

Again don't mix tube types or brands in the final.

73,

Steve Ray K4JPN ex K1VKW
EM82ep Warner Robins GA
Elecraft K2 1422