Cantenna Oil

john page n8blb at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 12 09:59:51 EST 2001

     Well I finally got oil for my cantenna. NOBODY had gallons, or even
quarts, of mineral oil. The farm stores looked at me like I was crazy. The
utility company said they couldnt sell transformer oil anymore. Didnt know
if maybe I was going to built a bomb or something. I am not kidding, thats
what they said. When I reminded them that it didnt burn, they just said " oh
well". The local bulk plant had turbine oil but I had to buy 5 gallons.
     I finally went to a local car parts store and they said they normally
carry gallons of mineral oil but were out. I got a gallon of air compressor
oil. It does not burn and works just great. Oh yes, it only cost $9.79.
     So there is the rest of the story as Paul Harvey says.
     Just thought I would pass that along after I had such a large response
to my question.   John K4KWM