SB101 Frequency Shift Problem, VFO RCA plug

Mike Foerster mike.foerster at CHARTER.NET
Sat Dec 15 17:09:47 EST 2001

Guys,

I've got an SB101 that has a frequency shift problem.   I've found that when
I move the RCA plug to the VFO, that the frequency will shift by up to 30
khz.  I've removed the VFO (somewhat of a project) but couldn't see any
loose connections, cold solder joints, etc., when I removed the covers.

It occured to me that perhaps the rivets that hold the RCA plug had a cold
connection, but there's a solder lug that goes to ground.  With the movement
of the plug, it seems that it can move a connection into the coil can that
is on the top of the VFO (RCA center pin connection)

I've got it back together, but it still does the same thing.   (Didn't
expect much more, considering that I didn't really do anything.)

Any ideas?

Mike
  W0IH