HW-8 Power plug question

Ed Kotkiewicz ekotkie at EZL.COM
Sat Dec 15 18:28:30 EST 2001

Alan KB7MBI wrote:

> I am having a bit of a problem locating a power plug for my HW-8 (male). The
> local electronic supply houses have close but not exact plugs. I have been
> tempted to install a dual binding post but would prefer to keep it original.
> Can someone help me identify the proper plug and/or give me a source for them?
>
> Thank you--
>
> Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville, WA
> FISTS 5702  Proud member of ARRL

EK> Alan, if memory serves, that was a six hole "Molex" connector and Heath only
used 2 of the holes (makes one wonder what they may have had planed)  Mouser
handles Molex as does a few other places.  To avoid buying an unnecessary
connector, you might just get the pins, solder them on the wires, use some red and
black shrinkwrap and just hook them up straight away.  The pins make a good fit
and won't "normally" slide apart.

Ed