HW-8 Power plug question

Michael Clarke michael.clarke at SWIFTSOFT.NET
Sun Dec 16 06:23:48 EST 2001

Hi Alan
Having foolishly and easily connected power reversed polarity and damaged my
HW8, I advise, if you use binding posts,  that you put a fuse in line and a
diode across the supply, its polarity so that it conducts and blows the fuse if
you do the same foolish thing that I did.
73
Michael
Mi5mtc

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Alan KB7MBI
Sent: 15 December 2001 21:41
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: HW-8 Power plug question

I am having a bit of a problem locating a power plug for my HW-8 (male). The
local electronic supply houses have close but not exact plugs. I have been
tempted to install a dual binding post but would prefer to keep it original.
Can someone help me identify the proper plug and/or give me a source for them?

Thank you--

Alan KB7MBI in Woodinville, WA
FISTS 5702  Proud member of ARRL