Melting finals

John Adkins w4kv at YAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 16 22:22:34 EST 2001

Certainly I've noticed this to be the case with my
SB-220.  However, I usually back off on power if they
get too bright.  One of the VHF oscillations that Rich
Measures has written about will melt the tube
instantaneously if it happens when the linear is at
full power.  If the oscillation occurs at lower power,
and if you're quick to chop the power, you can
(possibly) save a pair of 3-500$$.

John
w4kv

http://interactive.tempe.gov/archives/HEATH.html