Mystery Tube

Misic, George J. GMisic at MEDRAD.COM
Wed Dec 19 09:24:35 EST 2001

Dennis,

It is in fact a CRT.  It was used in the Eldico SSB-100F and SSB-1000F was
well as many other places.  If you need data, let me know; I have it.

George KE8RN

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Norton [mailto:dnorton1 at ROCHESTER.RR.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 11:21 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Mystery Tube

Hi Gang--time to crank up the craniums for a round of stump the list.

I have an old RCA tube-octal base, metal casing 1 1/4 diameter, 3 1/2 inches
tall. The number on it is 913 and a date code?? is 3-17. The other markings
are "RCA radiotron electron tube". The top of the tube is glass and makes
you want to think it is a green eye tube....however--instead of being able
to see the metal part that would glow green, the glass is inside coated with
white. Looks kind of like a little CRT.

I have scoured all of my tube charts and technical stuff from the beginning
of time (almost) and cannot find any reference to a # 913 tube.

Any one have a clue??   Thanks.....Dennis Norton    W2DJN