GC-1000 Most Accurate Clock Questions

Don Peterson Don at D8APRO.COM
Thu Dec 20 11:24:04 EST 2001

I think the rod antenna is a fairly standard one and is available from someone.
 I'll have to check my notes.  The front panel is going to be a lot tougher
since it wasn't a completely flat window.

Moving the local oscillator to 10MHz is not an easy task either.  Heathkit used
the 3.6MHz because it works within the 4 MHz range of the Mostek part.  It would
be our intention to try to not modify the GC-1000 hardware as much as possible.
 We plan to design the replacement board to emulate the old Mostek CPU and also
add new features with minimal conflicts to the way it operated previously.

I don't know much about SMPTE time code capability.  But if it warrants it,
we'll look at it.  The original ROM on the 3870 was only 4k in size.  The new
parts that we're looking at go up to 16k.  So there's plenty of room.

Don