Parts and assemblies for sale

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 20 14:13:31 EST 2001

Here is the latest list of reproduction parts,
assemblies, and other items that I am producing for
"boat anchor" equipment.  Don't make much money off of
them, but making hard to find parts available to the
"boat anchor" community.  The cost doesn't come from
the materials used but from the labor it takes to make
them.

"The Tweaky":  This is a replacement cover for FT-243
type crystals that changes them into a "rubber
crystal".  By varying the "control" on the cover, the
fundamental frequency of the crystal can be varied
from a few hundred Hz up to 3 or 4 KHz depending on
the individual crystal while still maintaining the
frequency stability of the original device.

Until 1 January 2002:  Each $16.95 post paid CONUS,
$18.95 US post paid Canada, $18.34 Texas residents
(includes sales tax).

After 1 January 2002:  Each $17.95 plus $2.00 per
ORDER postage and handling CONUS, $4.00 per ORDER
postage and handling Canada, Texas residents $19.43
plus shipping and handling (includes sales tax).

Very shortly I may have some FT-243 crystals with "The
Tweaky" already installed.  If, and when I get these,
I will make them available along with the frequency
range of each as checked in one of my "boat anchor"
transmitters.  Probable cost $29.95 post paid each
CONUS, $31.95 US post paid Canada, $32.42 Texas
residents.

Heathkit:

DX-35 / DX-40 Crystal Door Covers:  These are painted
with the correct Heath gray over a crackle finish.

Each $11.50 post paid CONUS, $13.50 US post paid
Canada, $12.33 post paid Texas residents.

DX-20 / HX-11 Crystal Hole Plugs:  These are available
in both "plain" and gray crackle finish.  Most, but
not all, of the originals were plain.  However, both
were used.  The painted version looks better, but use
of either is correct.  These come with the "stud" for
attaching the large gray knob per the originals.  NO
KNOB!

Plain Each $14.00 post paid CONUS, $16.00 US post paid
Canada, $15.16 Texas residents.

Painted Each $16.00 post paid CONUS, $18.00 US post
paid Canada, $17.32 Texas residents.

E. F. Johnson

Crystal Hole Plugs (maroon) for the Valiant, Ranger,
etc.  These are painted with the Johnson maroon paint
and come with a "stud" for attaching a small Johnson
knob.  The originals had the knob permanently
attached.  There are NO KNOBS included with these.

Each $15.00 post paid CONUS, $17.00 US Canada, $16.24
Texas residents.

Relay plugs (HC6/U type) to connect the external
relays to most Johnson transmitters.  These come with
about 24 inches of wire attached.

Each $10.00 post paid CONUS, $12.00 US Canada, $10.83
Texas residents.

White pointer knob inserts for most Johnson knobs (1/8
inch in diameter, 1/4 inch long).

$2.00 each, 6 for $10.00, plus $1.00 shipping per
ORDER CONUS, $2.00 US per ORDER shipping Canada.
Texas residents add 8.25% sales tax.

Misc:

Headphone cords:  Brand new, black cloth covered wire
containing two twisted-pairs of 22 gauge wire (4 wires
total), five-foot lengths, perfect for headphone
replacement.  This is slightly stiffer than old used
wires since it is new.  Perfect for either mono or
stereo headsets.

$10.00 for the first one post paid CONUS, $8.00 for
each additional one.  Canada add $2.00 US per ORDER
for shipping and handling.  Texas residents add 8.25%
sales tax.

Nostalgia:  Reprints of my FM conversion manual
entitled Converting Commercial FM Gear.  This was
originally written in 1968, published in 73 Magazine
in 1969, and then printed as a separate book by 73
Publications in 1972.  Really Dated material!  But, a
number of people have asked for reprints and thus I
have had some made.

Each $12.00 post paid CONUS, $13.00 US post paid
Canada, $13.00 Texas residents.

If anyone needs small, reproduction assemblies for
"boat anchor" equipment, please let me know.  I may be
able to fabricate them.

Also, I have been doing "boat anchor" repairs.  Please
E-Mail for information.

Thanks

Glen, K9STH

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com