SB dial vernier

L.J.Hunter hunterlj at EARTHLINK.NET
Fri Feb 2 00:12:50 EST 2001

My best results has been to put  the vernier shaft in a small vise to hold it. Then take
the copper clad washer off, it is held on by a small screw at the back of the shaft,
remember the way the washer is on there.Then take the seperator or shim off.Get three
small rubber o rings, put two of them in the place of the shim .Then put  the copper clad
washer back on make sure to hold the washer down where it is seated back in place.Then
put the other rubber o ring on. Then use  a small thin flat washer that will slide over
the shaft and cover the o ring,put it over the rubber o ring,put original washer and
screw back on.Tighten it  but do not over tighten the screw when you put it back
together,leave a little flexability on the rubber o ring (uncushioned) but still tight
enough to make a firm grip.Now you can put it back in the metal ring in the radio
dial.After putting it into place where it is sitting on the ring on the dial, you will
push down on the shaft to seat it on to the ring. That is why it has a slotted cut out on
front pannel,after it has seated while holding it down. It should stay in place while you
put the plastic bezel  cerefully back  on, not to unseat the shaft from the ring then
tighten it down, should work good as new i have done this before and it has worked quite
well. Let me  know, or ask any questions. I used the rubber rings for a spring like where
the plates will seperate but give pleanty of pressure to move the ring on the dial
consecutively.Jim  WB9SRL

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov