No Crime Scene

Bob Nickels ranickel at MWCI.NET
Sat Feb 3 20:57:17 EST 2001

> Just got Email from Ken W8EK, who advised that my crystals, I'm looking
for
> were part of the optional Crystal Pack sold with the SB401  <snip>

I think there's an error in communication here.  While it's true that the
Crystal Pack was optional and not all SB-401s have these crystals
installed - these are the HETERODYNE crystals, and those you listed:
    1. #404.206 3396.4 kHz USB crystal
    2. #404-205 3393.6 kHz  LSB crystal
are the USB and LSB sideband generator crystals which have to be in every
transmitter, regardless.  These are located on a small bracket under the
chassis, while the heterodyne crystals are in the left front when you lift
the lid.  Sorry Jerry, but you're going to need to find them before your 401
does any talking.

The good news is that the same crystals are used in other Heath rigs, and
with luck you'll find a source right here.

73, Bob W9RAN

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov