shipping query

Kees & Sandy Talen talen at INETPORT.COM
Mon Feb 5 02:34:49 EST 2001

Some things I've done for HEAVY equipment.....

1) Pack the inside with newspaper so tubes, etc stay put and sometimes use
    foam "peanuts" inside plastic grocery, Wall-Mart, etc bags for a
compliant
    cushion.

2) The whole unit must have several inches space between it and the box.
    Do not pack this with peanuts/newspapers (they move and crush). Use
    hard foam block material like that used for shipping monitors, TV sets,
etc.
    The better you can suspend it the more likely it will arrive undamaged.

3) Another good item to use is to pack it full of the shredded wood used in
    shipping pottery. I figure if it prevents a 70lb clay chiminea from
breaking
    it ought to work on a RX/TX. Check places like Garden Ridge, pottery
    shops, and garden shops.

4) Another item to try is rolled and taped pieces of corrugated box
material.
    If you get enough of these packed in there, its an excellent cushion. A
    stack of flat pieces of corrugated box material transfer too much
energy.

5) If it's military portable test gear, just put a tag on the handle.
    .......just kidding.

73s  Kees K5BCQ

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov