HX-11 Restoration

Gerald Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Tue Feb 6 19:42:25 EST 2001

I've "restored" the S meter scale on my old MR-1 receiver. I simply scanned
the old one and made corrections with a graphics program called Paint Shop
Pro. When I was satisfied with the results on the screen, I printed it out
on heavy photo paper stock. I then cut the scale to match and put it on the
meter. Looks brand new.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Jim Roik
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2001 3:30 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: HX-11 Restoration

I was just given an HX-11 that will resotre just beautifully with two
exceptions. I'm wondering if someone can help here.

1) The meter scale has flecks of rust coming through the paint. They are the
pinhole type, but there are quite a few of them. Does anyone have
suggestions on to clean this up so that it looks better than it does now, or
does anyone have replacement scale for one of these meters (broken meter but
good scale?) or does anyone know how or where I could get a replacement made
at reasonable cost?

2) The cabinet...isn't there! Would anyone have a cabinet from a parts unit
HX-11 or from a DX-20 that they would be willing to part with?

Thanks.

Jim   VE4AQ

'name' 'call'"
Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov