An update on the 6146 tube

Jim Roik jnroik at ESCAPE.CA
Fri Feb 9 14:10:47 EST 2001

The 6883 has the same versions as the 6146. That is there is a 6883, a 6883A
and a 6883B. My luck has been in finding 6883Bs.

My rule of thumb is to use the 6146 and 6146A interchangeable and the 6146B
when I know the circuit has been designed for 6146Bs. But if I am desperate
I will try switching between the Bs and the others. Most of the time that is
not a problem, but in some cases, the SB500 being one, it can make a
difference.

Most of the tubes that I have found in the past while have either been the
6146 or the 6146B. I don't know if that is just what is in my area or
whether that would apply to most areas.

Jim

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov