SB 200 Power Output

Ed Richards k6uuz at JUNO.COM
Mon Feb 12 14:55:10 EST 2001

John;

You do not have a tube problem, you have a power supply problem. Your HV
is not stiff enough. Look for where the first voltage drop occurs. Start
with the line voltage and move to the power transformer primary to the
secondary, across each capacitor to the plate RF choke. Some where along
the line you will find a big change when you key- down. You should be
getting more like 600-800 watts. If you were only getting 400 watts it
was NOT in good condition.

Ed Richards

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov