A7 part needed

Mike Morris morris at COGENT.NET
Thu Feb 15 03:55:44 EST 2001

I think it's an E-model.  As I remember the
D-model didn't have the preamp stage.

BTW I'm still looking for a A7E power transformer.

I inherited my fathers A7E complete with the
original 12A6 metal tube finals.  The power
transformer primary shorted back in the 70s and
was replaced with a kluge that had a slightly low
voltage secondary so he pulled the 5Y3 from it's
socket and soldered 1N4007s across the pins
of the socket to compensate.  The amp still works
fine, but I'd like to put it back to normal.

I would consider purchasing a A7E parts unit if
necessary - the minimum is the power transformer,
if it has the pot that has the built-in input
slide switch and a straight chassis so much the
better.

Mike

At 10:56 AM 02/14/2001, you wrote:
>Need help with the series letter of this amp.
>Tube line-up 5Y3,12SQ7,12SL7,12SN7, 2ea 12V6.
>Power transformer is # 54-25
>Output transformer is # 51-21
>I think it is either A7-E or A7-D.
>Thanks, Art