UPS Warning

Randall Firefox at SOUTHWIND.NET
Wed Feb 21 19:12:28 EST 2001

Just went to my friendly neighborhood Love Box Co. box store and UPS drop
off point. I asked them if there was a UPS policy change on packing with 2
inches of foam being required and was told no. Also was told that maybe
under with certain conditions it might be required. Was also told that the
Styrofoam peanuts were still OK.
Sounds like a independent is trying to up his profits to me and putting it
off on UPS.
FTR: I buy and sell quite a bit on eBay and I normally use USPS.
No connection to either.

-----Original Message-----
From: Heathkit Owners and Collectors List
[mailto:HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV]On Behalf Of Harold Hairston
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 1:12 PM
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Subject: Re: UPS Warning

I wonder if there may be something to Sandy's question. It is quite a drive
from my small
town to a UPS point but I stopped dealing with the "Authorized Agents" here.
I mailed two
pieces of Collins gear within the last ten days at UPS and had no problem.
No questions,
nothing. Not even when one was insured for $800.

However, when I tried to use "MailBox", I felt like I was going through an
inquisition. I
picked up my package and left.

Harold

> Ed,
>         Are you dealing with UPS, are or you dealing with one of their
> "authorized dealers" like Mailboxes, Etc. or some private packer or
> someplacew
> that does UPS as a sideline?  Or are you actually at a UPS station with
> people in UPS uniforms doing NOTHING BUT UPS?
>
>         Sounds like you have an "authorized independant" that's
> figured a way to make more money and cover his butt with UPS!
>
> 73,
> Sandy Blaize, W5TVW
> >From the heart of: Pumpkin Center, LA., USA

'name' 'call'"