replacement hp23 power supply boards

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Tue Feb 27 23:44:26 EST 2001

Hola boys and girls.

Hummm... confused? Misdirected?

What PC board? There's no PC board in the HP23.

And you know what, you're right.

What I have done is move the entire HP23 series circuitry and mount it on a
single pc board. this board is then mounted on the top of the HP23 supply.
You use the old capacitor holes to mount the pc board. The filter choke is
removed and tossed into the junk box. In its place is a solid state high
voltage regulator.

the old caps, the old diodes are replaced with modern devices. Everything
mounts on the PC board.

The idea is to improve the hp23's performance while providing a cheaper way
to recap the supply when the need arises.

If you have a working hp23 series supply. I don't know if I would upgrade to
the pc board. If on  the other hand you have one that is in need of repair,
then the pc board is a quick and cheap way of saving the old supply.

the cost is $15 for the bare board.

If there is enough interest, perhaps a kit.

The PC board is double sided with plated through holes. There is a solder
mask on both sides and a silk screen. It is made of 2 oz copper on FG board
material.

I should have a working prototype this weekend.  I needed to see if there
was enough interest to go ahead with the board run.

so, that's the poop..

if you wan to see what the board looks like, go to my web site at

http://www.theheathkitshop.com

and follow the links. You'll see the artwork posted.

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems