replacement hp23 power supply boards

Allen A Heibeck kj6xh at JUNO.COM
Wed Feb 28 11:06:47 EST 2001

Mike,

I, too, think this is a great idea. The kit is good. But, I
think just the board itself--along with a schematic,
etc,-- would work quite well for those of us who have,
or can easily obtain, the required parts.

The purist might not go for this.  But, when his rig
no longer works, ours will still be on the air!!

Allen

On Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:44:26 -0500 mike bryce <prosolar at SSSNET.COM>
writes:
> Hola boys and girls.
>
> Hummm... confused? Misdirected?
>
> What PC board? There's no PC board in the HP23.
>
> And you know what, you're right.
>
> What I have done is move the entire HP23 series circuitry and mount
> it on a
> single pc board. this board is then mounted on the top of the HP23
> supply.
> You use the old capacitor holes to mount the pc board. The filter
> choke is
> removed and tossed into the junk box. In its place is a solid state
> high
> voltage regulator.
>
> the old caps, the old diodes are replaced with modern devices.
> Everything
> mounts on the PC board.
>
> The idea is to improve the hp23's performance while providing a
> cheaper way
> to recap the supply when the need arises.
>
> If you have a working hp23 series supply. I don't know if I would
> upgrade to
> the pc board. If on  the other hand you have one that is in need of
> repair,
> then the pc board is a quick and cheap way of saving the old supply.
>
> the cost is $15 for the bare board.
>
> If there is enough interest, perhaps a kit.
>
> The PC board is double sided with plated through holes. There is a
> solder
> mask on both sides and a silk screen. It is made of 2 oz copper on
> FG board
> material.
>
> I should have a working prototype this weekend.  I needed to see if
> there
> was enough interest to go ahead with the board run.
>
> so, that's the poop..
>
> if you wan to see what the board looks like, go to my web site at
>
> http://www.theheathkitshop.com
>
> and follow the links. You'll see the artwork posted.
>
> --
> Mike Bryce WB8VGE
> SunLight Energy Systems
> "Electricity at the speed of light"

> heath"

Rev. Allen Heibeck,  KJ6XH               El Cajon, CA
         kj6xh at juno.com                       We use HeathKit Boatanchors
here!

                                        Check it out!
http://www.tbn.org