Eico

john johnmb at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Jan 1 12:40:10 EST 2001

There's a lot to the humble fuse. I think the ubiquitous 3AG is a 250V
part, because that's the max voltage it can open with certainty, without
sustaining arc/plasma conduction.

Fuse curves are interesting. Its scary how long a 1 amp fuse can run with
1.2 A (for example) before opening .... (hint...it's a considerable time!)

Happy new year all!
John

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov