HW-101 Lever

Stephen M Smith sigcom at JUNO.COM
Thu Jan 4 20:07:33 EST 2001

Doug and group,

My "next door neighbor" in my business complex is a mold maker and does
small injection molding runs.  It might be possible for me to have him
make the part.  I have yet to ask him about this project but I need to
get some additional info before I do.

Is it absolutely necessary to have the metal insert?  I realize that in
some applications there may be plenty of torque applied to the center of
the lever (like in the HW-101 bandwidth selector), but maybe with modern
materials the insert could be eliminated.  That would make the part much
less expensive to produce.

To amortize the cost of making the mold, it's probably not economically
practical to produce the part in less than 1000 pieces, minimum.  IMO,
any less and the per-piece price would probably be out of sight.
Opinions on the potential market?

This might be a pipe dream but who knows?

73.......Steve, WB6TNL   The Scrounger
Oxnard, CA  USA                 "snort rosin"

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov