HW-101 Lever

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Sat Jan 6 19:30:00 EST 2001

boys and girls..

there's nothing that can't be made. It's a matter of three things:

material
time
labor

I don't have the time right now to dig into this much deeper, but here's a
company that specilizes in strange things including injection modeling

it's V&V machine and equip

they are located in mexico with a houston office

phone  281 397 8101
fax 281 397 6220

they will make a wooden or resin sample and best of all they have manually
operated low pressure injection machines for short runs...

if anyone can make these levers they can. Price? I have no idea. How many
per run and set up? I would guess a "short" run would be no less than 1000
pcs.

which brings us back to cost. I know I could use a handful of green levers,
but I somehow have this nagging feeling that 1000 pcs would last forever.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the setup cost and materials would
be $4000 (that's cheap when you're talking injection molding)

You would have to sell them for $10 a pop and then hope like mad to see 400
pcs to recoup your money. Right off hand, it would take some doings to sell
400 green HW-101 levers...

--
Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems