[Heathkit] Questions?? {02}

Ed Mosher wa8zvo at JUNO.COM
Thu Jan 11 18:24:38 EST 2001

Fellow GBLs,

Heath never published a cross reference for their semiconductors, ICs,
etc.  They had an internal book known as the Parts Master File which
listed specs and "2N" numbers when available, but that was never made
public.  A modification of the PMF was the Engineering Parts List, which
listed most active parts in part ID sequence (2N1, 2N13, etc.), again
never available to the public.

Radio Shack used to publish a cross reference for their parts, and that
book included SOME of the Heath "417" numbers, but not many.  If someone
needs a cross for a Heath part, they can email me and I'll check my PMF
for data.

One final note, there has been much emailing about the Heath "417-201"
transistor, the "X29A829" description, et. al.  That "X29" number refers
to the batch mix for the part, a reference used by the supplier (RCA or
GE: I forget).  The specs for this device are as follows:
        Silicone, PNP, 50V,  500 mA, 330 mW,  340 MHz, B of 120-240.  Just about
any general purpose PNP with roughly these ratings could be substituted
for it.

                                     Ed Mosher, WA8ZVO at Juno.com
                                Formerly  "One Of The HAMS At HEATH"

                        The most important things in our lives are NOT
things!

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov