PMFs

Multi-Volti Devices multi-volti at SOFTHOUSE.COM
Sun Jan 14 20:49:42 EST 2001

There were different 'vintages' of PMF's.

The salvage place I got my inventory from (Walsh.MicroSmart) gave me about 4
of the large fanfold printouts. They otherwise would have 'dumpstered' them
(a new jargon verb).

Two were identical but 3 years apart. One was a 'where used' list but it
wasn't very useful, and the other was a quantity used, if I remember, and I
found that useless.

The two parts lists were woefully incomplete because for example a 1988 list
of course had nothing later than 1988 and things that predated the computer
in use at the time were not there, and things that fell into the categories
of OBS(obsolete) and NLA (no longer available) were often separated. I once
saw two deparate lists of OBS items and NLA items. That was useful because
if an old part wasn't on the OBS list, it was probably really extinct, but
would appear on the NLA list.

My point is that whatever doc you folks are working on will certainly be
helpful, but it is certain to be missing alot.

BTW, I no longer have my lists...I sent them to another guy on the list with
the suggestion he somehow balance the utility for the masses vs. profit
motive, keeping in mind he was going to have to invest some effort.

If and when he is able or has time is his call, so don't ask me who got 'em.

Murray

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov