Unbilt C-3 cap tester

J. M. Blackmon W8YI at INFINET.COM
Mon Jan 15 19:37:43 EST 2001

I once had a neighbor who collected HO model trains.  He had the brass ones, the
Japanese-made ones, ones from Europe, special events gear, etc.
You get the idea.  The only problem was/is:  he just looked at them.  He'd take them out of
their nice boxes, admire them, and put them back again.  All the while he'd speak of how
they'd be so much more valuable...." someday".

On the other hand, I bought the cheaper ones, looked at them a bit, found out my son was
racing them down the track at full speed to a sharp turn and watching the wrecks.  I'd say my
boy had fun, while I had frustration.  But they were operated and enjoyed.

It seems strange to me to not build a kit- because it was made to build.

Which brings us to the familiar:  It takes all kinds.  Or: Whatever floats your boat.  And
again:  Different strokes for different folks.

Enjoy them as you will!

Jeff

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov