VIRUS ALERT

Brian Carling bcarling at CFL.RR.COM
Wed Jan 17 04:26:10 EST 2001

This 'redistribution' seems to ONLY be happening to folks who use
Microsoft Outlook as their mail reader.

I use the program PEGASUS and have never had that awful result!

However, if you OPEN the nasty payload it will still trash your
system.

Once infected, there IS an antidote out there on the web if you
search for it!

On 15 Jan 2001, at 20:25, CHRISTOPHER W. (Chris) BOONE wrote:

> Its been going around for a while....last report is its morphed
> and is constantly changing with each new infection...
> It seems to send itself back out using the infected PCs email
> client and address book...and had a link to a web site that updated
> the virus and caused more havoc (but I understand thats been broken)
>
> You should NEVER open any attachment if you dont know where
> it came from...and always keep your virus checking files upto date!
>
> Sorry for the B/W guys..but just a FYI...which Im sure a lot
> of you already know :)
>
> Chris
> WB5ITT
>
> Ed Mosher wrote:
> >
> > I just got a message via Juno from "Hahahaha"  with "undisclosed
> > recipients" that contains a virus!  Do NOT OPEN the attached file.  It is
> > titled "The real story of Snow White".  McAfee says it has a virus and to
> > delete it (I did!).
> >
> > Another reason to delete messages from unknown individuals.
> >
> >                                      Ed Mosher, WA8ZVO at Juno.com
> >                                 Formerly  "One Of The HAMS At HEATH"

Have a look at my radios & accessories for sale:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/happysurfer/radios.htm
INDEX is at:
http://home.cfl.rr.com/happysurfer/trade.htm

Listserver Submissions: heath at listserv.tempe.gov